Ready to take your riding up a level? Join us for a fun-filled weekend of progressive skills instruction at the Mt. Shasta bike park. With free camping at the
Ready to take your riding up a level?
Join us for a fun-filled weekend of progressive skills instruction at the Mt. Shasta bike park. With free camping at the base of the mountain, half-price lift tickets, 20% off food and beverage all weekend and live music on both Friday and Saturday night, this is a don’t miss weekend!
More about our Intermediate / Advance clinic:
Looking for an improvement in your technical riding, a little more speed and a boost in your riding confidence? You’ve come to the right place! Leave this clinic ready to tackle rougher terrain and corners with greater speed and control, negotiate bigger trail obstacles and drops with commitment. You will also gain a boost in speed on flowing singletrack, switchbacks, berms; all achieved with less pedaling and better use of the trails natural features. It’s all about the flow!
The Int/Adv clinic builds upon your fundamentals and gives you a full toolbox of mountain bike skills that you can apply to any terrain, in any location, and in any conditions; be it a gnarly backcountry trail or your local race course. This full-day clinic also looks closely at the key elements to finding your flow and builds upon your existing foundation to improve your trail speed and energy management.
Here’s What We’ll Cover
The skills taught and practiced on the Intermediate/Advanced clinic include:
- Effective braking
- Reading the trail
- Introduction to energy management & flow
- Mind skills
- Steep transitions
- Mastering the manual
- Dropping roots, rocks and steps
- Cornering with speed & confidence
- Negotiating trail obstacles (i.e. rock gardens, roots, logs)
- Linking trail sections for flow
- Attacking flat, cambered and burmed corners
- Learning to pump for speed & air
Please note, clinics may vary according to location and terrain.
- 08:45-09:00 Meet your instructor | arrival at course venue + equipment check
- 9:00-9:15 Let’s get started | introductions
- 9:15-9:30 Warm-up ride | head to skills area
- 9:30-10:30 Accelerated review of Fundamentals | w/ int+advanced progressions
- 10:30-12:00 Skills Progressions | learn, learn, learn
- 12:15-1:30 Lunch Break |BYO or chow down at the Black Diamond Grill on top of Douglas Chair lift
- 1:30-4:00 Take it to the trail | apply what you’ve learned
- 4:00-4:15 Review, questions & next steps | #ridelikeaninja
**Camp participants will be required to have a Mt. Shasta bike park pass. Day passes will be available for 50% off or $16/day. Season passes are also available for purchase online or in-person at the ticket office.
(Sunday) 8:45 am - 4:15 pm
Tickets are not available for sale any more for this event!