04aug(aug 4)8:45 am05(aug 5)4:15 pmEvent Over2-Day Mountain Bike Skills Camp (SH0804182) | ADVENTUREMT SHASTA SKI PARK, CA
Join us for a challenging and fun 2-day camp on some of the best trails in Northern California! Join us for a fun-filled weekend of progressive skills instruction at
Join us for a challenging and fun 2-day camp on some of the best trails in Northern California!
Join us for a fun-filled weekend of progressive skills instruction at the Mt. Shasta bike park. With free camping at the base of the mountain, half-price lift tickets, 20% off food and beverage all weekend and live music on both Friday and Saturday night, this is a don’t miss weekend!
More about our 2-day program:
Our 2-day camp gives you a chance to build up and clean up your ‘toolbox’ of mountain bike skills; from the fundamentals to mastering wheels lifts, high-speed cornering, drops, riding technical features and so much more! Join us for a full weekend of skills that will equip you to better handle a variety of terrain with speed and efficiency.
We will blend an in-depth version of our traditional Intermediate / Advanced skills training with coached riding sessions.
Please note, clinics may vary according to location and terrain.
(Day 1) Saturday:
- 08:45-09:00 Meet your instructor | arrival at course venue + equipment check
- 9:00-9:15 Let’s get started | introductions, camp overview, bike safety check, bike set-up review (tire pressure, cockpit set-up, suspension set-up)
- 9:15-9:30 Warm-up ride | head to skills area
- 9:30-12:00 Mornings Skills Session | mind skills, ready position, effective braking, fluid shifting
- 12:00-1:00 Lunch Break | BYO or chow down at the Black Diamond Grill on top of Douglas Chair lift
- 1:00-4:30 Afternoon skills session | high-speed cornering, climbing, wheel lifts, how to get out of trouble
(Day 2) Sunday:
- 08:45-09:00 Meet at trailhead | gear up for day 2!
- 9:00-12:00 Mornings skills session | brief review of day 1 + switchbacks, drops, bunny hops, rock dodge, technical climbing & descending
- 12:00-1:00 Lunch break |BYO or chow down at the Black Diamond Grill on top of Douglas Chair lift
- 1:00-2:00 Intro to jumping | safely jumping and landing your mountain bike
- 2:00-4:15 Trail flow | put those skills to work!
- 4:15-4:30 Review, questions & next steps | #ridelikeaninja
**Camp participants will be required to have a Mt. Shasta bike park pass. Day passes will be available for 50% off or $16/day. Season passes are also available for purchase online or in-person at the ticket office.
After camp, you will see an immediate improvement in your riding and a boost in confidence on technical trails. You will be able to tackle rougher terrain and corners with greater control and flow through singletrack, switchbacks, and berms with more speed and efficiency.
You can think of our camps as an awesome opportunity for what we like to call a “traincation”—a fun-filled vacation in which you get to spend most of your time doing what you like to do most— riding your bike!
4 (Saturday) 8:45 am - 5 (Sunday) 4:15 pm
Tickets are not available for sale any more for this event!