Experience the ultimate thrill on two wheels. Join our Ninja MTB Skills Clinic in Santa Cruz, CA and learn to shred like a pro with expert instructors. From beginner to advanced, we have the perfect program for you. Explore the beautiful trails and take your riding skills to new heights. Don’t miss out on the ultimate biking experience in California. Register now and let’s ride together!
NINJA EVENT INFORMATION FOR
Santa Cruz, CA – October 7/8, 2023
ON-LINE EVENT WAIVER | *IMPORTANT*
If you haven’t already, please sign our electronic Liability Release here: https://waiver.smartwaiver.com/w/5afd63f9ee18b/web/
**THIS IS REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CLINIC THIS WEEKEND**
- DeLaveaga Park, 850 Branciforte Drive, Santa Cruz, CA 95065
- ***Park and meet your instructors near restrooms and ball fields / grassy area (lower park facility).
- Link to location on google map here ——> https://goo.gl/maps/kpwZxhQB7dC2
- 2-Day Camp | 8:45am – 4:00pm (lunch break around 12:15)
- Women’s Only Fundamentals – Full Day Combo | 8:45am – 4:00pm (lunch break around 12:15)
- Women’s Only Fundamentals | 8:45am – 12:15pm
- Co-ed Fundamentals | 8:45am – 12:15pm
- Women’s Only Fundamentals – Trail Application | 1:15pm – 4:00pm
- Jumping Mini-Clinic | 1:30pm – 4:00pm
- 2-Day Camp | 8:45am – 4:00pm (lunch break around 12:15 pm)
- Intermediate / Advanced Clinic | 8:45am to 4:00pm (lunch break around 12:15 pm)
WHAT TO BRING
- BIKE in good, working order
- Plenty of water, and snacks.
- We highly recommend you wear pads.
- If you’re coming for the whole day bring a LUNCH, or plan to find a quick, nearby eatery.
- Be aware that poison oak is common in the SC area. You may want to bring some sort of wipe that they sell to wipe away the ivy oils (optional). You can also opt to wear pants / sleeves to protect your skin from the oils.
- Be sure to check the weather forecast and dress for the conditions. We recommend sunscreen.
If you have any last minute bike or gear needs, go see our friends at Scotts Valley Cycle Sport
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What kind of pedals should I have on my bike?
We recommend you ride whatever pedals you’re most comfortable with. If you learned on clipless pedals (clipped in), then please bring those. However, we have found that it’s much easier to learn the majority of the skills with flat pedals if you have some experience on them. Notably, flat pedals are designed to be worn with flat soled shoes (i.e. flat soled mtb specific shoes, skater shoes, vans).
Do I need pads?
Pads are not mandatory at any of our clinics or camps, but we highly recommend you bring (and use) them. We’ve seen a set of pads give our participants that added level of safety and comfort needed for them to have a light-bulb breakthrough moment.
Can I ride an e-bike at this event?
Ninja welcomes e-bikes at our clinics that are held on e-bike friendly trails. We encourage you to do your own research on local e-bike regulations and if you aren’t sure, check with us to see if e-bikes are permitted at the venue you’re considering joining us at. Please note, not all Ninja teaching venues are open to e-bikes.
Should I tip my instructors?
While gratuity is not required or expected, it’s certainly appreciated by your instructors! 5-10% for each guest is Industry Standard for exceptional service, support, and expertise. Unless you’d like to tip separately, instructors divide tips among themselves.
….more frequently asked questions and answers HERE!
Need further assistance? Contact Ninja Customer Service at [email protected]