13oct(oct 13)8:45 am14(oct 14)4:15 pmSold Out! Join Wait List Join Wait List2-Day Mountain Bike Skills Camp (NE1013182)Yorktown, New York
Join us for a challenging and fun 2-day camp on some of the best trails in New York! Our 2-day camp gives you a chance to build
Join us for a challenging and fun 2-day camp on some of the best trails in New York!
Our 2-day camp gives you a chance to build up and clean up your ‘toolbox’ of mountain bike skills; from the fundamentals to mastering wheels lifts, high-speed cornering, drops, riding technical features and so much more! Join us for a full weekend of skills that will equip you to better handle a variety of terrain with speed and efficiency.
We will blend an in-depth version of our traditional Intermediate / Advanced skills training with coached riding sessions.
Please note, clinics may vary according to location and terrain.
(Day 1) Saturday:
- 08:45-09:00 Meet your instructor | arrival at course venue + equipment check
- 9:00-9:15 Let’s get started | introductions, camp overview, bike safety check, bike set-up review (tire pressure, cockpit set-up, suspension set-up)
- 9:15-9:30 Warm-up ride | head to skills area
- 9:30-12:00 Mornings Skills Session | mind skills, ready position, effective braking, fluid shifting
- 12:00-1:00 Lunch Break | BYO
- 1:00-4:30 Afternoon skills session | high-speed cornering, climbing, wheel lifts, how to get out of trouble
(Day 2) Sunday:
- 08:45-09:00 Meet at trailhead | gear up for day 2!
- 9:00-12:00 Mornings skills session | brief review of day 1 + switchbacks, drops, bunny hops, rock dodge, technical climbing & descending
- 12:00-1:00 Lunch break | BYO
- 1:00-2:00 Intro to jumping | safely jumping and landing your mountain bike
- 2:00-4:15 Trail flow | put those skills to work!
- 4:15-4:30 Review, questions & next steps | #ridelikeaninja
After camp, you will see an immediate improvement in your riding and a boost in confidence on technical trails. You will be able to tackle rougher terrain and corners with greater control and flow through singletrack, switchbacks, and berms with more speed and efficiency.
You can think of our camps as an awesome opportunity for what we like to call a “traincation”—a fun-filled vacation in which you get to spend most of your time doing what you like to do most— riding your bike!
13 (Saturday) 8:45 am - 14 (Sunday) 4:15 pm
Yorktown, NY // Sylvan Glen, Granite Knolls, Woodlands Legacy Park
Tickets are not available for sale any more for this event!