Got Skills Alexandria, VA!? Join one of Ninja’s rad mountain bike skills clinics and you’ll be smashing trails and taking names! Ninja will help you level up whether you want to brush up on the basics, or take your jump skills to new heights! We definitely have a clinic for you! Click here for all the deets and clinics available to you in Virginia!
NINJA EVENT INFORMATION FOR
Alexandria, VA – November 4/5, 2023
***Reminder: Daylight saving time is this weekend. Don’t forget to turn your clocks back one hour on Saturday night.
ON-LINE EVENT WAIVER | *IMPORTANT*
If you haven’t already, please sign our electronic Liability Release here: https://waiver.smartwaiver.com/w/5afd63f9ee18b/web/
**THIS IS REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CLINIC THIS WEEKEND**
- Laurel Hill MTB Trails, Lorton, VA
- The lot we are parking in is fairly new and GPS directions often have a glitch that redirects you to a different parking lot. Please click on the map link below and zoom in to see exactly where you should be parking / meeting your instructors. You will be turning off of Lorton Rd across from where Workhouse Rd tees into it, then immediately turning right to the parking area.
- This is NOT the parking lot by the horse arena.
- Link to location on Google Maps —> https://goo.gl/maps/47bYR35bd4RPPZeR6
- 2-Day Camp | 8:45am – 4:00pm (lunch break around 12:15)
- Women’s Only Fundamentals – Full Day Combo | 8:45am – 4:00pm (lunch break around 12:15)
- Women’s Only Fundamentals | 8:45am – 12:15pm
- Co-ed Fundamentals | 8:45am – 12:15pm
- Women’s Only Fundamentals – Trail Application | 1:15pm – 4:00pm
- Jumping Mini-Clinic | 1:30pm – 4:00pm
- 2-Day Camp | 8:45am – 4:00pm (lunch break around 12:15 pm)
- Intermediate / Advanced Clinic | 8:45am to 4:00pm (lunch break around 12:15 pm)
- Co-ed Fundamentals – Full Day Combo | 8:45am – 4:00pm (lunch break around 12:15pm)
- Co-ed Fundamentals | 8:45am – 12:15pm
- Co-ed Fundamentals – Trail Application | 1:15pm – 4:00pm
WHAT TO BRING
- BIKE in good, working order
- Plenty of water and snacks.
- We highly recommend you wear pads.
- Laurel Hill tends to have poison ivy along the trails. We recommend you wear tall socks and bring some poison ivy wipes just in case.
- If you’re joining us for more than one clinic this weekend and staying for a full day, be sure to bring a LUNCH, or plan to find a quick, nearby eatery.
- Be sure to check the weather forecast before you come and dress for the conditions. We recommend sunscreen and a rain jacket.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What kind of pedals should I have on my bike?
We recommend you ride whatever pedals you’re most comfortable with. If you learned on clipless pedals (clipped in), then please bring those. However, we have found that it’s much easier to learn the majority of the skills with flat pedals if you have some experience on them. Notably, flat pedals are designed to be worn with flat soled shoes (i.e. flat soled mtb specific shoes, skater shoes, vans).
Do I need pads?
Pads are not mandatory at any of our clinics or camps, but we highly recommend you bring (and use) them. We’ve seen a set of pads give our participants that added level of safety and comfort needed for them to have a light-bulb breakthrough moment.
Can I ride an e-bike at this event?
Ninja welcomes e-bikes at our clinics that are held on e-bike friendly trails. We encourage you to do your own research on local e-bike regulations and if you aren’t sure, check with us to see if e-bikes are permitted at the venue you’re considering joining us at. Please note, not all Ninja teaching venues are open to e-bikes.
Should I tip my instructors?
While gratuity is not required or expected, it’s certainly appreciated by your instructors! 5-10% for each guest is Industry Standard for exceptional service, support, and expertise. Unless you’d like to tip separately, instructors divide tips among themselves.
….more frequently asked questions and answers HERE!
Need further assistance? Contact Ninja Customer Service at [email protected]