Full Time Lead Mountain Bike Instructor
ABOUT THE ROLE
Ready to turn your passion for mountain bike instruction into a full-time dream job?
Ninja Mountain Bike Performance is hiring a Full-Time Mountain Bike Instructor. The right individual for this role is a professionally certified instructor with extensive teaching experience, an exceptional riding and public speaking skillset, and a strong passion for all things mountain biking. This role requires extensive travel, so a willingness to travel is a must!
This position requires a non-traditional work schedule, working primarily on weekends. A full-time Instructor will be expected to work up to 40 weekends per year. This will primarily involve leading clinics and representing Ninja for industry events, promotions, and/or in-field marketing programs as needed, with the likelihood of some weekday engagements and administrative/project work duties.
It is of utmost importance that the person in this role is professional, fun, upbeat, and represents Ninja in a positive light at all times.
- Extensive travel (up to 95%) for clinics/events/programs.
- Lead/Instruct Ninja Mountain Bike Skills Clinics and Camps consistent with the Ninja brand, curriculum and progressions.
- Additional Instructor responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure familiarity with the selected teaching venue and be prepared with an executable teaching plan. This includes conducting an in-depth pre-ride at the venue and coordinating with land/venue managers other instructors.
- Manage Assistants + Shadowing instructors.
- Handle event check-ins.
- Ensure pre-clinic Bike Safety Checks are conducted.
- Have an emergency action plan in place for each event and file Incident (first aid) Reports as needed within 24 hours of incident occurrence.
- Follow the appropriate Ninja procedures in the event of an emergency, weather complication, etc., or use best judgment where no procedures are in place.
- Submit event summary via email within 24 hours of each event weekend.
- Direct camp/clinic/event participants to additional instruction opportunities through Ninja (1:1 instruction, additional group clinics, etc.). All business developed through a Ninja event should continue to be run through Ninja Mountain Bike Performance.
- Represent Ninja at industry events as directed by marketing and logistics teams.
- Ensure photo and video content from each event is provided to the Ninja Marketing Team.
- Assist in developing/training new Ninja instructors.
- Other administrative/project duties as assigned.
- Valid Mountain Bike Instructor Certification (PMBI, BICP, and/or FIT – Level 2/Advanced Certification preferred
- Valid First Aid and CPR certifications (NOLS Wilderness First Aid preferred)
- Minimum 2 years mountain bike coaching/instructing experience with exceptional mountain bike riding skills/ability
- Prior Ninja teaching experience strongly preferred
- Expert teacher; who excels at group and time management, and is capable of catering to different learning styles and skill levels/progressions at the same time
- Approachable and supportive guide-like personality with service-oriented demeanor and a passion for helping people achieve their goals
- Team player willing to check ego at the door
- Strong oral communication
- Ability to obtain and drive a rental vehicle while on travel, along with a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Background check and driving history documentation will be required prior to final selection for this role
- Strong preference for candidates located near to a major airport (or willing to travel thereto)
Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected].
SOCIAL MEDIA & MARKETING SPECIALIST
PART TIME | KLAMATH FALLS, OR
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Social Media & Marketing Specialist is responsible for the development, implementation and execution of all social media, influencer, affiliate and newsletter activities for Ninja Mountain Bike Performance. This includes original content creation, campaign implementation, influencer communication, affiliate program management and performance tracking and analysis. The Social Media Specialist is responsible for ensuring that all materials produced are in line with our brand identity. Ultimately, this role helps Ninja to build and maintain a strong and consistent brand through a wide range of online and offline marketing channels.
This is a part-time position working out of the Ninja Office in Klamath Falls, OR with potential to go full-time in the near future. Anticipate 20 hours/week to start. The Ninja Social Media & Marketing Specialist is someone who can work independently, is self-driven, creative, and analytical.
Compensation $19/hour + monthly bonus
- Create and share original content for all social channels and weekly Ninja newsletter; this includes photo editing, video editing, copy/caption writing and basic graphic design. Content should promote all ninja products including skills clinics, ramps, pads, and apparel.
- Identify and develop sources for high quality photo and video content.
- Create, implement and analyze the following marketing material:
- Website banners
- Case studies
- Skills Tips
- Sales campaigns
- Partner Newsletters
- In-Person Events
- Utilizing the aforementioned avenues, develop strategies and tactics to get the word out about Ninja and drive qualified traffic to our website that converts to sales. This requires a thorough understanding of the Ninja customer base.
- Work with Marketing Manager to develop and implement influencer program.
- Manage and develop Ninja Affiliate Program
- Reply to all comments and messages on social media platforms in a timely manner.
- Organize and implement giveaways, promotions and collaborations.
- Measure and report on the performance of social media tools and marketing campaigns – gain insight, assess against goals and adjust accordingly.
- Other marketing and social media duties as assigned.
- 1+ years of professional social media management experience and knowledge of the in-n-outs of all things social media including instagram, facebook, youtube, pinterest, twitter and tiktok.
- Hands-on business experience with GoogleDrive, Canva, Hootsuite, SendinBlue, WordPress, or other comparable tools.
- Experience with influencer program development and management.
- Eye for quality photos and graphics, basic photo editing skills, and some experience with Canva or a similar graphic design tool.
- Relevant experience working in the bike or outdoor industry strongly preferred.
- Mountain biking experience and a love for all-things-mountain-biking, strongly preferred. This includes the ability to “talk-the-talk” with all levels of riders; ranging from first-time riders to experienced shredders.
- Excited about mountain biking skills instruction; certified mtb instructor preferred, but not required.
- Organized, creative, and analytically minded.
- Detail-oriented to the max!
- Strong written and oral communication.
- Welcoming, positive and upbeat demeanor.
- Ability to travel, up to 15%.
Please send resume and cover letter here. Be sure to tell us about your professional social media management experience, mountain biking history, exposure to skills instruction and anything unique we should know about you.
NATIONWIDE | COMPETITIVE PAY | GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES
We are looking for high energy, easy-going, smile-inducing, ride-inspiring LEADERS. Our instructors are EXPERIENCED riders, ENGAGING teachers and EXEMPLARY Ninjas in their riding community.
Ninja Mountain Bike Performance is growing! As we expand our programs across the US, we are actively seeking qualified mountain bike instructors to join our team. If you’d like to teach in your home state, surrounding area, or travel to various locations in the US, we want to talk to you!
Instructor Certification Requirements
All Ninja instructors must have a minimum of one of the following coaching certifications.
- BICP Certification
- PMBI – Professional Mountain Bike Instructors Association Certifications
- Applicants with a NICA Coach License may be considered if they can demonstrate relevant coaching experience.
First Aid Requirements
- Valid First Aid Certificate (Wilderness First Aid preferred)
WHY WORK WITH NINJA?
We are committed to the success of both our students and our instructors. We believe that happy instructors deliver more enjoyable courses, giving participants the best possible experience. We offer highly competitive wages along with opportunities for skills development and professional advancement.
If you are ready to apply to teach with Ninja, please email us here and include the following information:
- Certifications (coaching, first aid and other)
- Brief summary of your instruction / coaching experience
- Your top Ninja maneuver on the bike (feel free to get creative here)