Ready to take your mountain biking skills to the next level in Orange County, CA? Our Ninja skills clinic is the perfect opportunity to do just that. Our expert instructors specialize in teaching riders of all levels how to ride with confidence and control. With personalized attention and guidance, you’ll be able to tackle even the most challenging trails with ease. Don’t wait – book now and unleash your inner Ninja on the trails of Orange County today!
NINJA EVENT INFORMATION FOR
Orange County, CA – March 11/12, 2023
***Reminder: Daylight saving time is this weekend. Don’t forget to turn your clocks ahead one hour on Saturday night if you are joining us on Sunday.
ON-LINE EVENT WAIVER | *IMPORTANT*
If you haven’t already, please sign our electronic Liability Release here: https://waiver.smartwaiver.com/w/5afd63f9ee18b/web/
**THIS IS REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CLINIC THIS WEEKEND**
- Irvine Regional Park, 1 Irvine Park Rd, Orange, CA 92869
- **We will be parking and meeting in Parking Area B (see map link below)
- **There is a $5 fee to enter the park, bring cash!
- Just a friendly reminder that Irvine Regional Park does not allow e-bikes.
- Link to location on google map here —-> https://goo.gl/maps/4MWBWtGFP2v
- 2-Day Camp | 8:45am – 4:00pm (lunch break around 12:15)
- Women’s Only Fundamentals – Full Day Combo | 8:45am – 4:00pm (lunch break around 12:15)
- Women’s Only Fundamentals | 8:45am – 12:15pm
- Co-ed Fundamentals | 8:45am – 12:15pm
- Women’s Only Fundamentals – Trail Application | 1:15pm – 4:00pm
- Jumping Mini-Clinic | 1:30pm – 4:00pm
**JUMPING MINI-CLINIC NOTE: We were notified by the park ranger that the park is typically filling to parking capacity by 12:30 or 1pm on weekends. We strongly recommend you arrive early to make sure you can get into the park. Locals have indicated they park at the nearby Albertson’s parking lot and ride over when the parking is full at Irvine Regional.
- 2-Day Camp | 8:45am – 4:00pm (lunch break around 12:15 pm)
- Intermediate / Advanced Clinic | 8:45am to 4:00pm (lunch break around 12:15 pm)
- Co-ed Fundamentals – Full Day Combo | 8:45am – 4:00pm (lunch break around 12:15pm)
- Co-ed Fundamentals | 8:45am – 12:15pm
- Ninja Kids | 8:45am – 12:15pm (info on separate event page)
- Co-ed Fundamentals – Trail Application | 1:15pm – 4:00pm
Click here to see who your instructors and onsite contacts are for this weekend.
WHAT TO BRING
- BIKE in good, working order
- Plenty of water and snacks
- We highly recommend you wear pads.
- If locally mandated, bring a face covering.
- If you are with us for the full day bring your lunch or there are a few restaurants nearby that you can ride to. If you drive to lunch you will have to repay the park fee to enter again, but if you ride you can re-enter without paying again.
- Be sure to check the weather before you come and dress for the conditions. We recommend sunscreen and a rain jacket!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What kind of pedals should I have on my bike?
We recommend you ride whatever pedals you’re most comfortable with. If you learned on clipless pedals (clipped in), then please bring those. However, we have found that it’s much easier to learn the majority of the skills with flat pedals if you have some experience on them. Notably, flat pedals are designed to be worn with flat soled shoes (i.e. flat soled mtb specific shoes, skater shoes, vans).
Do I need pads?
Pads are not mandatory at any of our clinics or camps, but we highly recommend you bring (and use) them. We’ve seen a set of pads give our participants that added level of safety and comfort needed for them to have a light-bulb breakthrough moment.
Can I ride an e-bike at this event?
Ninja welcomes e-bikes at our clinics that are held on e-bike friendly trails. We encourage you to do your own research on local e-bike regulations and if you aren’t sure, check with us to see if e-bikes are permitted at the venue you’re considering joining us at. Please note, not all Ninja teaching venues are open to e-bikes.
Should I tip my instructors?
While gratuity is not required or expected, it’s certainly appreciated by your instructors! 5-10% for each guest is Industry Standard for exceptional service, support, and expertise. Unless you’d like to tip separately, instructors divide tips among themselves.
All of our clinics across the country are following local guidelines for COVID-19 (including any orders regarding face coverings, social distancing, group size restrictions, etc.). We ask that participants be informed as to any local COVID-19 restrictions that may apply to outdoor gatherings and travel to and from the event.
….more frequently asked questions and answers HERE!
Need further assistance? Contact Ninja Customer Service at [email protected]