Looking to elevate your mountain biking skills and tackle the trails like a true Ninja? Join our mountain bike skills clinic in Ocala (Santos), FL, and discover the techniques you need to take your riding to the next level. Our expert instructors specialize in teaching riders of all levels how to ride with confidence and control. With personalized attention and guidance, you’ll be able to conquer any challenge and reach your full potential on the trails. Don’t wait – sign up now and unleash your inner trail Ninja today!
NINJA EVENT INFORMATION FOR
Ocala, FL – February 4/5, 2023
ON-LINE EVENT WAIVER | *IMPORTANT*
If you haven’t already, please sign our electronic Liability Release here: https://waiver.smartwaiver.com/w/5afd63f9ee18b/web/
**THIS IS REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CLINIC THIS WEEKEND**
There are two different meeting locations below. Be sure to note at which trailhead your clinic is meeting. The 2-Day Camp has a different meeting location each day.
SATURDAY – 2-Day Camp, Women’s / Co-ed Fundamentals Clinics, and Jumping Mini-Clinic
- Vortex Trailhead
- ***Please note, this is NOT the main parking lot for the Santos Trails – follow Google Map link below to find the Vortex Trailhead***
- Google Map location here: https://goo.gl/maps/H1AUhTqoi1N2
SUNDAY – 2-Day Camp and Intermediate/Advanced Clinic
- Main Santos Trailhead, 3080 SE 80th St, Ocala, FL 34480
- Google map location —> https://goo.gl/maps/sBd7BkuAro42
SATURDAY (Vortex Trailhead)
- 2-Day Camp | 8:45am – 4:00pm (lunch break around 12:15)
- Women’s Only Fundamentals – Full Day Combo | 8:45am – 4:00pm (lunch break around 12:15)
- Women’s Only Fundamentals | 8:45am – 12:15pm
- Co-ed Fundamentals | 8:45am – 12:15pm
- Women’s Only Fundamentals – Trail Application | 1:15pm – 4:00pm
- Jumping Mini-Clinic | 1:30pm-4:00pm
SUNDAY (Santos Trailhead)
- 2-Day Camp | 8:45am – 4:00pm (lunch break around 12:15 pm)
- Intermediate / Advanced Clinic | 8:45am to 4:00pm (lunch break around 12:15 pm)
Click here to see who your instructors and onsite contacts are for this weekend.
WHAT TO BRING
- BIKE in good, working order
- Plenty of water and snacks
- We highly recommend you wear pads.
- If locally mandated, bring a face covering.
- If you’re coming for the whole day bring a LUNCH, or plan to find a quick, nearby eatery.
- Be sure to check the weather before you come and dress for the conditions. We recommend sunscreen and a rain jacket.
Do you have any last minute needs for some awesome gear, a spare tube, or a friendly smile? Stop by and see our friends at Santos Bike Shop!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What kind of pedals should I have on my bike?
We recommend you ride whatever pedals you’re most comfortable with. If you learned on clipless pedals (clipped in), then please bring those. However, we have found that it’s much easier to learn the majority of the skills with flat pedals if you have some experience on them. Notably, flat pedals are designed to be worn with flat soled shoes (i.e. flat soled mtb specific shoes, skater shoes, vans).
Do I need pads?
Pads are not mandatory at any of our clinics or camps, but we highly recommend you bring (and use) them. We’ve seen a set of pads give our participants that added level of safety and comfort needed for them to have a light-bulb breakthrough moment.
Can I ride an e-bike at this event?
Ninja welcomes e-bikes at our clinics that are held on e-bike friendly trails. We encourage you to do your own research on local e-bike regulations and if you aren’t sure, check with us to see if e-bikes are permitted at the venue you’re considering joining us at. Please note, not all Ninja teaching venues are open to e-bikes.
Should I tip my instructors?
While gratuity is not required or expected, it’s certainly appreciated by your instructors! 5-10% for each guest is Industry Standard for exceptional service, support, and expertise. Unless you’d like to tip separately, instructors divide tips among themselves.
All of our clinics across the country are following local guidelines for COVID-19 (including any orders regarding face coverings, social distancing, group size restrictions, etc.). We ask that participants be informed as to any local COVID-19 restrictions that may apply to outdoor gatherings and travel to and from the event.
….more frequently asked questions and answers HERE!
Need further assistance? Contact Ninja Customer Service at [email protected]