NINJA EVENT INFORMATION FOR
Brevard, NC – October 22/23, 2022
ON-LINE EVENT WAIVERS | *IMPORTANT*
If you haven’t already, please sign our electronic Liability Release here: https://waiver.smartwaiver.com/w/5afd63f9ee18b/web/
REEB Ranch Waiver:
Please also sign this waiver for REEB Ranch: https://app.waiverforever.com/pending/1MB5foWYl41629158158
**THESE ARE REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CLINIC THIS WEEKEND**
Both days, the clinics will meet at REEB Ranch. On Sunday afternoon, following a lunch break, the 2 Day Camp and Intermediate / Advanced Clinic will meet at the DuPont State Forest, either the Corn Mill Shoals Parking area or the Guion Farm Parking Area.
SATURDAY + SUNDAY MORNING (Women’s / Co-ed Fundamentals Clinic, Jumping Mini-Clinic, 2-Day Camp and Intermediate/Advanced Clinic)
- REEB Ranch, 315 Shoals Falls Rd, Hendersonville, NC 28739
- Once you turn onto Shoals Falls Rd, follow the drive toward the barn until you see signs for parking on the right.
- Google Map ——> https://goo.gl/maps/5N5pqsJoTtouw57C6
- Please be aware that REEB Ranch is not currently open to the public for riding. We have special permission to be there for this event.
SUNDAY AFTERNOON (2-Day Camp & Intermediate / Advanced Clinic)
On Sunday after lunch your instructor will have you meet them at either the Guion Farm parking area or the Corn Mill Shoals parking area in Dupont State Forest. They will let you know on Sunday.
- Guion Farm Parking Area, Sky Valley Rd, Hendersonville, NC
- Parking area on Google Maps ——> https://goo.gl/maps/MjY5awJqTozFNvwZ9
- Corn Mill Shoals Parking Area, Cascade Lake Rd, Cedar Mountain, NC
- Parking area on Google Maps –> https://goo.gl/maps/XroUgtvHpfnKzaYm6
- 2-Day Camp | 8:45am – 4:00pm (lunch break around 12:15pm)
- Women’s Only Fundamentals | 8:45am – 12:15pm
- Co-ed Fundamentals | 8:45am – 12:15pm
- Jumping Mini-Clinic | 1:30pm – 4:00pm
- 2-Day Camp | 8:45am – 4:00pm (lunch break around 12:15 pm)
- Intermediate / Advanced Clinic | 8:45am to 4:00pm (lunch break around 12:15 pm)
WHAT TO BRING
- BIKE in good, working order
- Plenty of water and snacks. It would be a good idea to bring a cooler with extra water/sports drinks to leave in your car.
- We highly recommend wearing pads.
- If you’re coming for the whole day bring a LUNCH
- If locally mandated, bring a face covering.
- Be sure to check the weather forecast before you come and dress for the conditions. We recommend sunscreen and layers.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What kind of pedals should I have on my bike?
We recommend you ride whatever pedals you’re most comfortable with. If you learned on clipless pedals (clipped in), then please bring those. However, we have found that it’s much easier to learn the majority of the skills with flat pedals if you have some experience on them. Notably, flat pedals are designed to be worn with flat soled shoes (i.e. flat soled mtb specific shoes, skater shoes, vans).
Do I need pads?
Pads are not mandatory at any of our clinics or camps, but we highly recommend you bring (and use) them. We’ve seen a set of pads give our participants that added level of safety and comfort needed for them to have a light-bulb breakthrough moment.
Can I ride an e-bike at this event?
Ninja welcomes e-bikes at our clinics that are held on e-bike friendly trails. We encourage you to do your own research on local e-bike regulations and if you aren’t sure, check with us to see if e-bikes are permitted at the venue you’re considering joining us at. Please note, not all Ninja teaching venues are open to e-bikes.
Should I tip my instructors?
While gratuity is not required or expected, it’s certainly appreciated by your instructors! 5-10% for each guest is Industry Standard for exceptional service, support, and expertise. Unless you’d like to tip separately, instructors divide tips among themselves.
All of our clinics across the country are following local guidelines for COVID-19 (including any orders regarding face coverings, social distancing, group size restrictions, etc.). We ask that participants be informed as to any local COVID-19 restrictions that may apply to outdoor gatherings and travel to and from the event.
….more frequently asked questions and answers HERE!
Need further assistance? Contact Ninja Customer Service at [email protected]