NINJA EVENT INFORMATION FOR
Alafia, FL – January 15/16, 2022
ON-LINE EVENT WAIVER |* IMPORTANT*
If you haven’t already, please sign our electronic Liability Release here: https://www.smartwaiver.com/v/ridelikeaninja
**THIS IS REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CLINIC THIS WEEKEND**
- Alafia River State Park, 14326 South County Road 39, Lithia, FL 33547
- Meet your instructors at UBC Bike Shop by the main parking area (see link below).
- **Alafia River State Park has a $5/vehicle fee.
- Link to UBC on Google Maps here ——> https://goo.gl/maps/a4V5xeoK6EygCXcp9
Please note, Alafia River State Park can be busy on the weekends. Please plan to arrive a little early in case there is a short line to get into the park.
- 2-Day Camp – 8:45am – 4:00pm (lunch break around 12:15)
- Women’s Only Fundamentals – 8:45am – 12:15pm
- Co-ed Fundamentals [MORNING]- 8:45am – 12:15pm
- Co-ed Fundamentals [AFTERNOON] – 1:15pm – 4:45pm
- Jumping Mini-Clinic – 1:30pm – 4:00pm
- 2-Day Camp – 8:45am – 4:00pm (lunch break around 12:15 pm)
- Intermediate / Advanced Clinic – 8:45am to 4:00pm (lunch break around 12:15 pm)
Your instructors and onsite contacts this weekend are:
- Kevin Dodson // 813-748-1576
- Misty Mahoy // 352-459-9878
- Christy Markel // 407-334-4059
WHAT TO BRING
- BIKE in good, working order
- Plenty of water and snacks.
- We highly recommend you wear pads.
- If you’re coming for the whole day bring a LUNCH, or plan to find a quick, nearby eatery.
- If locally mandated, bring a face covering.
- Be sure to check the weather before you come and dress for the conditions. We recommend sunscreen and a rain jacket just in case.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What kind of pedals should I have on my bike?
We recommend you ride whatever pedals you’re most comfortable with. However, we have found that it’s much easier to learn the majority of the skills with flat pedals if you have some experience on them.
Do I need pads?
Pads are not mandatory at any of our clinics or camps, but we highly recommend you bring (and use) them. We’ve seen a set of pads give our participants that added level of safety and comfort needed for them to have a light-bulb breakthrough moment.
Should I tip my instructors?
While gratuity is not required or expected, it’s certainly appreciated by your instructors! 5-10% for each guest is Industry Standard for exceptional service, support, and expertise. Unless you’d like to tip separately, instructors divide tips among themselves.
All of our clinics across the country are following local guidelines for COVID-19 (including any orders regarding face coverings, social distancing, group size restrictions, etc.). We ask that participants be informed as to any local COVID-19 restrictions that may apply to outdoor gatherings and travel to and from the event.
….more frequently asked questions and answers HERE!
Need further assistance? Contact Ninja Customer Service at [email protected]